Summer Leadership Impact Program is an Environmental Justice and Leadership focused 6-week summer program, conducted from mid-July to mid-August. tSB is currently offering this program for FREE, or at no cost to our young people. Environmental Justice is at the intersection of social and environmental issues, movements, and constructs. Youth participants will take part in 10-12 sessions that cover critical environmental topics, including but not limited to, clean forests, clean air, clean water, clean communities, and leadership development. SLIP builds upon tSB’s Core Program curriculum through anti-oppression theory and experiential learning workshops to develop the next generation of tSB Peer Leaders, local environmental stewards, and advocates alike.
During this dope program with tSB, you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Try new ways of moving your body through outdoor recreation: Surfing, camping & rock climbing!
- Learn from and further engage with local Seattle environmental agencies and organizations!
- Receive mentorship and guidance from fellow youth leaders in our community!
- Stay connected to tSB and continue building friendships with rad youth!
- Build up those youth-leadership skills in preparation for becoming a tSB Peer Leader!!
**If you are a graduating Prophet who is considering applying to be a Peer Leader for next year, you are highly encouraged to complete SLIP, it will really boost your application & preparedness**
All participants who finish SLIP can be automatically considered for a Peer Leader role in next year’s Core Program (2023). PL applications from those who did not complete SLIP will still be considered, however, spots may be limited)
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.