Summer Leadership Impact Program is a leadership focused, 6-week summer program. SLIP builds upon tSB’s Core Program curriculum through anti-oppression theory and experiential learning workshops to develop the next generation of tSB Peer Leaders, local civic leaders, and advocates alike. This year, in partnership with the Seattle Art Museum and Yes Farm, SLIP participants will participate in the Design Your Neighborhood project. Design Your Neighborhood is a multi-session workshop focused on visual art, design—in the broadest sense—and social change. In this experience-based program, you’ll do on-site visits to organizations that make design decisions impacting our everyday activities. These behind-the-scenes opportunities expose you to a broad range of career opportunities. You’ll also develop a studio practice where you’ll acquire the skills needed to articulate your process and design a final project that communicates your ideas.
During this unique program with tSB, you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Try new ways of moving your body through outdoor recreation: Surfing, camping & rock climbing!
- Design and build a project for a local, Black-owned community organization!
- Receive mentorship and guidance from fellow youth leaders in our community!
- Stay connected to tSB and continue building friendships with other dope youth!
- Build up those youth-leadership skills in preparation for becoming a tSB Peer Leader!!
- **If you are a graduating Prophet who is considering applying to be a Peer Leader for next year, you are highly encouraged to complete SLIP**
- All participants who finish SLIP can be automatically considered for a Peer Leader role in next year’s Core Program (2023). PL applications from those who did not complete SLIP will still be considered, however, spots may be limited.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Program Components & Time Commitment
SLIP starts on July 24th and runs through September 2nd 2023. SLIP participants will meet three times weekly – on Wednesday, Friday & Saturday – with a few field trips and overnight retreats in between. View the full schedule in the application linked below.