Each fall, tSB works with 10-12 returning Prophets (1st year youth participants) that are selected as Peer Leaders (PLs).
What is a Peer Leader?
Peer Leaders are second-year youth who are still in high school. Peer Leaders are a vital part of programming, and they support the development and facilitation of Program. The Peer Leader (PL) program provides leadership development opportunities to prophet alumni. PLs are an integral piece of tSB programming and support the organization in several ways. The Peer Leader program runs from mid-September through the beginning of June.
What do Peer Leaders do?
- Help develop our social justice and environmental justice curriculum along with service projects that reflect the current issues facing our youth.
- Receive training in public speaking, group facilitation and conflict management.
- Provide organizational leadership by participating in our hiring and visioning processes, which includes recruiting and interviewing potential youth participants, mentors and staff.
- Attend Board meetings and serve on Board committees to provide youth voice with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work with our Prophets during small group discussions, manage large group dynamics, and encourage youth on the mountain and during service projects.
Why should I be a Peer Leader?
“Being a peer leader made me not shy to talk in a big group and gave me the power to believe in myself. Having mentors being in the programs really helped me because they are supportive, caring, and kind.”
Beintou , 2021 Peer Leader
“My time in tSB taught me to be more confident in my experiences and my own truth. It validated and supported me in ways I haven’t been supported in before. tSB opened space for me and dozens of other youth to be open and understand the world in a safe, comforting environment.”
Kenny Phan, 2021 Peer Leader
Application Deadline: June 15th
For any questions, please contact email@example.com